Reduced Cooking Gas Prices: The Central Cabinet announced a significant reduction of ₹200 in domestic cooking gas rates on Tuesday. Following the Cabinet meeting, Central Minister Anurag Thakur revealed this information. He highlighted that beneficiaries of the Ujjwala Scheme will now receive a ₹400 subsidy, doubling the earlier ₹200 subsidy. Alongside this, the government has also announced the allocation of 75 lakh new LPG connections under the Ujjwala Scheme. Anurag Thakur stated that the government aims to extend the benefits of the Ujjwala Yojana to a total of 10.35 crore beneficiaries.
Understanding Ujjwala Yojana: The Ujjwala Yojana provides free LPG connections to economically disadvantaged families. Prime Minister Narendra Modi initiated the Ujjwala Yojana on May 1, 2016. According to official figures, the scheme has provided over 9.6 crore LPG connections to date. However, there are certain conditions to avail of this benefit. The applicant must be at least 18 years old (only women) and no other LPG connection should be active in the same household.
The Application Process (PM Ujjwala Yojana-PMUY Process): If you wish to register for this scheme, you must first register yourself for the Ujjwala Gas Connection. Any woman from a Below Poverty Line (BPL) family can apply for this connection. More information about the scheme is available on pmujjwalayojana.com.
Here’s how to apply:
- Visit the official website pmujjwalayojana.com.
- Click on the ‘Download Form’ section.
- Download the PM Ujjwala Yojana Form.
- Fill in all the required information in the form and submit it at the nearest LPG center.
- Provide all the necessary documents.
- Once the documents are verified, you will receive the LPG gas connection from the government.
Essential Documents (Documents for PM Ujjwala Yojana):
- Mobile Number
- Age Proof Document
- Aadhar Card
- Photo Copy of Ration Card
- BPL Card
- Print of BPL List with Name
- Passport-sized Photo
- Photo Copy of Bank Details
Eligibility Criteria for PM Ujjwala Yojana:
- The applicant must be a woman and aged over 18 years.
- The woman must belong to a BPL family.
- The woman must possess a BPL card and a ration card.
- No family member’s name must be linked to an existing LPG connection.
Techy is a seasoned writer and expert in the fields of technology and finance. With a passion for demystifying complex concepts, Techy has a knack for breaking down intricate topics into easily digestible content for readers.