Have you been receiving messages that ask you to share documents via email or WhatsApp in order to update your Aadhaar card? If you’ve encountered this, it’s important to be cautious. Be vigilant of such emails or WhatsApp messages that request you to provide documents for updating your Aadhaar card, as these could potentially be part of a fraudulent scheme aimed at deceiving you.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has issued a cautionary statement, advising individuals to exercise vigilance, as they never solicit proof of identity or address through email for the purpose of updating Aadhaar cards. UIDAI recommends individuals either update their Aadhaar cards online or visit their nearest Aadhaar centers.
Also read: How to do Digital Signature in Aadhaar Card
UIDAI’s Document Request Approach
“UIDAI never requests individuals to submit their Proof of Identity (POI) or Proof of Address (POA) documents via email or WhatsApp at any time in order to update their Aadhaar information. The institution responsible for Aadhaar issuance has conveyed through a tweet that individuals should choose between updating their Aadhaar through the online myAadhaarPortal or by visiting nearby Aadhaar centers.
Extension of Free Aadhaar Update Services
In the meantime, UIDAI has extended the deadline for free Aadhaar updates with accompanying documents until September 14, 2023. Previously, this service was only available without charges until June 14, 2023. For those who have not yet updated their Aadhaar information, there is an option to do so online without incurring any fees, or by visiting Aadhaar centers in person.
Steps to Update Aadhaar Information
- Access the website https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ using your Aadhaar number to log in.
- Choose the option to update your address.
- An OTP (One-Time Password) will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Click on the option for Document Update, which will display your current details.
- Verify your details as an Aadhaar holder.
- If your details are accurate, click on the provided hyperlink.
- On the subsequent page, select both Identity Proof (POI) and Address Proof (POA) from the dropdown menu.
- Upload a scanned copy of your Address Proof and proceed by clicking the Submit button.
- For updating additional documents, upload their respective scanned copies.
- Following the acceptance of your Aadhaar update request, a 14-digit Update Request Number (URN) will be generated.”
It is essential to approach any requests for personal information with caution and to rely on official channels when seeking updates or information related to your Aadhaar card.
Techy is a seasoned writer and expert in the fields of technology and finance. With a passion for demystifying complex concepts, Techy has a knack for breaking down intricate topics into easily digestible content for readers.