Irrespective of the phone’s make, whether it’s a budget-friendly model or a high-end one, Android-based or an iPhone, having an optimal battery life is essential for ensuring top-notch performance. In the present day, smartphones have transcended their previous status and become indispensable tools for individuals. Even excluding their role in entertainment, many people now rely completely on their phones for professional and business purposes. The last thing anyone desires is work disruptions due to battery-related issues.
In comparison, iPhones tend to deplete their batteries more rapidly than most Android counterparts. As a result, in India, a significant number of iPhone users either maintain two devices or carry a backup power bank. Nonetheless, there are strategies that can be employed to enhance the battery life of an iPhone, sidestepping the annoyance of a sudden battery drain.
- Opt for Low Power Mode: Activating the Low Power Mode proves to be a prudent choice for conserving battery. This mode curtails the phone’s battery consumption, impedes battery-draining background applications, and limits display usage. To enable this mode, navigate to either the Control Center or Settings, tap on the battery icon, and then select the Low Power Mode option.
- Prefer Wi-Fi Over Cellular Data: While it’s recommended to deactivate Wi-Fi and cellular data when not in use, in instances where internet access is required, it’s preferable to utilize Wi-Fi over cellular data. The battery drain is typically more pronounced with mobile data.
- Engage Airplane Mode During Travels: Network strengths can vary significantly across different locations, prompting the phone to continually search for the strongest signal. This process consumes a substantial amount of battery. When traveling, particularly on trains or subways, switching the phone to Airplane Mode can be a practical measure to conserve battery.
- Monitor Battery Health: Regularly assess the battery’s health in the settings menu. Navigate to Battery > Battery Health and Charging. Here, you can ascertain the current condition of your iPhone’s battery, its maximum capacity, and whether it necessitates any servicing.
- Leverage the Auto-Brightness Feature: Display brightness significantly impacts battery life. Higher brightness settings result in heightened battery consumption. To mitigate this, activate the Auto-Brightness setting in your phone’s configuration. This feature adapts the screen’s brightness to ambient light levels, optimizing battery usage and promoting visual comfort.
- Disable Unnecessary Location Services: You also have the option to manage location settings for non-essential applications. Proceed to Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Here, you can deactivate location access for specific apps. Furthermore, you can prevent apps from refreshing in the background by navigating to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turning off this feature.
In the realm of a digitally interconnected world, a dwindling battery is akin to a nightmare scenario. By incorporating these strategies, you can extend your iPhone’s battery life and avert the inconvenience of your phone unexpectedly running out of power.
Techy is a seasoned writer and expert in the fields of technology and finance. With a passion for demystifying complex concepts, Techy has a knack for breaking down intricate topics into easily digestible content for readers.